Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 1 of Super-Awesome Fun Things To Do During Summer

Today was an exceptionally lazy day, and near the end of the day I drew up a short list of things to do before summer break was over. From building outdoor forts to holding Vriksasana (Tree pose) for half an hour to eating an entire watermelon (by myself at one go) to writing a spoof of Twilight (yeah, still hatin' on that book despite my sudden re-intrest in it) and more, this is going to be one interesting end-of-summer-vacation. And the best part is that everything is going to be part of a photo journal (also on the list) so you get to see my face when I eat the entire watermelon :D Today was

#1)  Climb a mountain in under 5 minutes

. . . and . . .

#16) Run around sprinklers

(yeah, I picked the easy ones since we didn't have much time)

 Me before climbing the mountain. Ok, it's not much of a mountain, more like a hill on steroids, but still! I'm trying to point to the mountain, but it looks like I'm pointing to the fence. Anyways. . .




Ian prior to climbing the mountain. . . Yep, I made him do a 'crazy mountain pose', which, as you can see isn't really that crazy.

This is me at the top of the mountain. I made it up in 3 minutes and 40-ish seconds whilst Ian sprinted up there in 2 minutes and a half. He was up there chilling and shouted down to me that I had less than 10 seconds yet, which caused me to sprint up there as fast as I could, freaking out all the way. He has an identical picture to mine--after getting to the top of the mountain, we each rushed down a little to take pictures of each other.

While we were on the way back, we ran into a broken sprinkler, and got the opportunity to cross over item number 16 on our list, playing in the sprinklers!










3 comments:

  1. I've had a mental, un-numbered list of stuff to do this summer. And all I have to say is, I never finish anything, and we're gonna be back in about two weeks, so I'm not going to finish anything . . .
    But yeah, point being . . . hurry up with your list because SCHOOL IS GOING TO START! AAAH! *sprints off to finish the rest of the list*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, me too! I have like 30 ish things that aren't going to happen. . . like writing a spoof of twilight, composing a song, learning guitar (for realz). . . *sigh* Too late, Nix, I'm never going to get this finished! At least I can say it will carry on into winter break. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, well . . . at least you get something done.
    Oh, guitar? It depends on if you're still trying to play Sungha Jung. That's going to take a LONG time. (I've only just now seriously started trying to pick out stuff like the Mario theme and Want You Gone . . . and that's all super basic.) If you can do a couple of basic chords, I'd say you were progressing at a pretty good rate, at least for over the summer. :P

    ReplyDelete