Monday, May 21, 2012

Ramblings: Graduation Day

   Graduation Day was today.

   And I must confess that the same nostalgia that gripped the graduates is also passing over me as well. 

   It's exhilarating, and also somewhat tragic as well, because somewhere along the way these graduates crossed the line between high school and college, adolescence and adulthood. I was not as close to these graduates as many of the students there were, I know, but the nature of the Davidson Academy* makes it so that by the end of the year everyone knows everyone, and you can't help feeling a twinge of emotion as the seniors grab their diplomas. It's nice to be in a school where freshies/sophomores** mingle with seniors and middle schoolers, yet at the same time, it makes graduation day really hard. I'll remember my friends that I've discussed books with, talked to about neurophilosophy, and meditated alongside. And I hope, when my graduation day comes in two or three years, my friends will feel the same way as well. 

   To all those friends there, near or far, graduating or still stuck with me, leaving or here to stay, best wishes!

-Shhhhhh......<sob sob. I'm such a sucker for sentimental moments>

*Ability grouped classes, student body size (aka S.M.A.L.L.!), and supah-cool electives
**Don't know WHAT I am exactly

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about graduation! I'm sad I didn't get to go.

    Next time I'll convince my parents not to drive down for a couple more days. Even if there isn't an eclipse.

    And yes, I'm pretty sure (read: absolutely positive) that it'll be hard when you graduate. But don't be offended if I don't cry, because I generally don't. :)

    ReplyDelete