Friday, June 17, 2011

Reality IVd

It's that time of the month again where you start wigging out about how much stuff you aquired* and family members suddenly turn against each other in the race for space. Yes, we've had a great vacation**, but the short 5 days spent in the Rockies have flown by faster than a hippo with a jet pack, and it's time to repack the Honda.

With a curious sense of deja vu and absolute heart-pounding, knee-knocking, scream-like-a-girl, appocalyptic dread, I approached the Honda CRV. Yes, read that again but add your own scary
sound effects. Somehow, we would have to completely repack the BVPing thing, a thought that made me feel slightly ill. Seriously, I'm still trying to recover from the horror with a nice piece of pizza. Although it will really take the Udon noodles to do the trick, right?

We stuffed. We sweated. We engaged in heated, passionate, screaming debates about how that couldn't go there because that was where my pillow was supposed to go***. You know how some people say you got to be alone to really discover yourself? Heck, go ahead and try to cram all you've got into the back trunk of your car, then you'll really see who you are****. Try to pack a U- box with your family, and I promise, you will bond (if you survive.) And you will never look at your sweet, dear old Dad the same way. Yep, U-box packing DEFINITELY reveals new aspects of certain personalities, things you never suspected could exist.

Finally, we managed to cram most of our stuff into the back of the car. And discovered many interesting facets of my personality. Including how I could somehow manage to squeeze my beanie pillow into a hole a little wider than my arm. Yow, now that requires some mad skillz*****. I've also developed the ruthless side of my personality, too. When it comes to packing, it's every man for himself. Spare no quarter, show no mercy. In a way, our cramming of the Honda exemplifies Darwin's law of Natural Selection. Only the fittest and the most conniving (as well as the most OCD ) will have his or her possessions passed on to the next dwelling. Survival of the fittest, domestic style!

This is Quiet Girl, signing off.

-Shhhh...you can still cram things into the car while everyone is sleeping....







*I still swear there is SOME law of science to explain how everything, neatly packed in my suitcase when I arrived at Estes Park can no longer fit in when I leave. It's fairies, it's got to be. Or, Ian. Yeah. When in doubt, blame the little brother.
**Yeah, the vacation I kinda didn't mention. At all. But I promise, when I have some time to gather my thoughts, I'll blog! I'll post! I'll write a SMCNP'n novel about the rockies!
***Or moaning, accompanied by dire predictions of inexorable doom, about how that would never fit, how the trunk couldn't possibly close, and how I told you so, we needed that space for the sleeping bag.
****Warning- this is not a nice, friendly, saintly side to your personality. CRV packing often reveals your worst possible personality this side of the universe. Side effects often include stress, slight headaches, dryness of mouth, depression, and neurological breakdowns. If you experience any of of these symptoms, good luck.

*****I know, I know, I spelled it wrong. But c'mon folks, I'm making an effort to relate to my brother. That is- im m8kng n effort 2 rel8 2 mi bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment