Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reality III

Ahhh...

Finally getting a breather from the road! We unloaded our bags yesterday and will be staying in Estes Park, Colorado for around 4 more days. This is such a nice little town. It's not as bare and shabby as what I saw in Alamosa, it's small, but has character. 'Quaint', I guess. It reminds me a little of SanFransisco.

We're staying in a lovely little condo, right above a Starbucks (yeah, Dad was really happy), with a Japanese restaurant on one side and an antique store on the other. Right across is the library, and behind the stores is a brook/river/creek (what's the difference, anyways?)/Body of water moving rapidly downstream, so last night, we enjoyed Udon noodles* on the riverside.

Overall, the condo is very nice, the appliances modern**, but the room has a distinct smell of...something***. It's like coffee, or caramel, or chocolate, or toffee, or maybe chocolate coffee caramel toffee....the smell practically assaults you when you enter the room. Not surprising since we're right above Starbucks, but it's still pretty weird.

And that's about all worth mentioning-- Although can I emphasize the Udon noodles enough? And Japanese food? And California Rolls? And Thai food, and Korean food, and Chinese food? And Chocolate?

In my defense, it's close to my lunchtime! But we are so going to Japan next summer...

This is Quiet Girl...shutting up****

-Shhhh.......nom nom nom swallow.



*UDON NOODLES! I'm like, salivating right now. That meal totally cinched it for me- we are SO going to Japan next summer, even if I have to break a few bones to get my way. :) Nah, I wouldn't do it. But I've thought of it. Very seriously. Very, very seriously. Very, very, very...

**Especially the sink. I mean, the sink is like, epic. I've never seen a sink like it before. I asked Dad if he acknowledged the epicness of the sink, but he brushed it off with a comment about how the sink was made in China, so of course, it wasn't really that great. Of course, Mom loved it. Talk about patriotism...just kidding. :)

***Oh yeah, and whenever we step out, we're right across from a therapeutic massage place, so the smell just trips you up and SMACKS you in the face. It's really suffocating.

****Although that may require several bowls of Udon Noodles. Why AM I being so food centric? To those of you who may not know me so well, I'm not really that weird. Most of the time. But I suppose you should just gauge that for yourself, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment