Thursday, May 19, 2011

Reality II

Despite all the stress of packing, my brother and I have found a way to make it even stressier*. I don't understand why the omnipotent Mum doesn't like it packing. Personally, I enjoy putting all my worldly possessions into small, cardboard boxes. Perhaps we shouldn't open them when we arrive at our new apartment**.

Back to my original topic sentence which I failed to address. It is still beyond our power to make packing (for Mum) more stressful***. But, being masters of imagination, we sure have blown it up into a feat of herculean strength in our mi
nds.

The box into which we have to fit our entire house:
Yeah. That scrawny little thing. And only one- not two. Dad's reasoning is, whatever doesn't fit into the first box had better be work the 1,000 something dollars the second box will cost. Is my favorite shirt worth that? Noo...

But I've slipped into sarcasm again. On a more positive, uplifting note, we won't have to spring clean. Furniture is getting rid of, clothes are being donated, and we're slimming down quite a bit.

Strangely enough, it's actually relaxing. Slimming down, that is. Thinking about the box is not. Our family held a mini freak-out session this morning****, and to settle it, we marked out a square with masking tape on the carpet. Dad is being awfully optimistic, but I'm going through my closet again and see what else I can donate.

-'Shup your face and start packing.





*Let's hear it for made up words! By the way, if anyone knows how to say, what I'm trying to say, while still using the word 'stress', and not cheating by saying 'more stressed' or being smart alek, feel free to yell it to the world. I'll be sure to use it in my next post.

**By the way, I wasn't being sarcastic- really!

***No cheating, like that, see? It has to be a derivative (is that the right word?) of 'stress'.

****Actually, we hold one every time we drive past the U-Box place. '" Is that it?" "It can't be!" "No, I'm sure they have two different sizes" "Don't worry about it, I think it can fit"....

No comments:

Post a Comment